O&B’s action plan for Covid-19
O&B Athens Boutique Hotel has a special duty of care about the health of its guests taking into account the ‘Health Protocols’ for Covid-19.
We have developed an action plan that complies with the recommendations of Greece’s public health organization – EODY. This plan aims to prevent, effectively manage suspected Covid-19 cases and limit the spread of the virus to staff and guests.
Actions we have taken
- We have appointed a coordinator to supervise the implementation of our action plan against the spread of Covid-19, as well as heads of departments (e.g. F&B, housekeeping) who will be responsible for compliance with the health protocols.
- We have trained our staff to follow and execute in detail O&B’s action plan per the instructions from the Ministry of Tourism.
- We have provided each staff member with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves etc.). Furthermore, our staff undergoes a thermal screening before starting their work daily.
- We have taken measures for managing suspected Covid-19 cases effectively and per the current instructions of EODY (for instance, a doctor will act on the instructions of EODY for testing suspected cases of Covid-19 and through telemedicine will monitor these suspected cases).
- We are equipped with medical kits in case of a Covid-19 incidence.
- We have placed antiseptics in all public areas of our hotel and individual antiseptic bottles in every room.
- We have followed all the necessary hygiene measures for the reception desk and concierge department. Also, we have placed special distancing signs to avoid queues in the front desk area during the check-in.
- We will send our guests their bills by email before their check-out and they will receive all their invoices and receipts after their check-out.
- All key cards will be disinfected before and after their use by our guests.
- We have modified the duration of check-in and check-out times by 3 pm and 11 am accordingly so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and aired out through natural ventilation.
- We have stopped the operation of the ‘business centre’. The reception team will do all the paperwork for our guests.
- We strictly comply with all the necessary hygiene measures concerning the cleaning and disinfection of the hotel’s public areas and rooms in accordance with the instructions of Greece’s public health organization – EODY.
- We have maximized the cleanliness of all public areas as well as the door handles and breakers.
- We will change the sheets, pillowcases and towels of rooms only upon our guests’ request.
- TV and air conditioner controls have disposable covers.
- All linen used by our guests will be collected and handled with care to avoid the dispersal of microorganisms into the environment. The linen will be placed in special bags and then into laundries.
Safety and protection procedures in our hotel premises
- We have implemented a host of measures in accordance with the National Public Health Organization and World Health Organization. Our priority is to ensure that our guests and staff are safe in our hotel.
- We have re-arranged the working place meticulously following the instructions of the National Public Health Organization.
- We have provided our employees with all the suitable equipment that ensures the protection of their health.
- All tables are spaced suitably according to the National Public Health Organization.
- We encourage contactless payments through the use of cards to avoid the handling of money for both staff and guests. We disinfect the POS system after every payment.
- Ιn case our guests pay in cash, we ask them to leave their money on the reception desk. In this way, we avoid the direct exchange of paper notes.
- We have placed hand sanitisers in all public areas and the cash check.
- We have placed covered rubbish bins with wheels where you can throw all your personal protective equipment (eg: disposable gloves), handkerchiefs, tissues, disinfecting wipes and material used for cleaning and disinfecting the working surfaces.
- We continuously clean and disinfect surfaces, cupboards, door handles, circuit breakers and any other equipment that is frequently used.
- We continuously clean and disinfect the menu leaflets, the serving trays, the table surfaces and the loungers.
- We keep the mandated safe distances when serving our guests.
- Salt, pepper and oil is served in individual packaging.